Before we get into the details, here’s the short and easy answer – A Hyde vape with 5% nicotine and 1.8ml e-juice gives you around 400 puffs. If you’re switching to vape pens to kick your cigarette smoking habit, know that a single device is equivalent to two packs of cigarettes. As for the other factors that influence how long it will last, read ahead.
A disposable vape pen lasts as long as the battery charge and quantity of e-juice contained in the device. Once you run out of battery life and e-juice, it’s time to get a new one. You’ll know your device is nearing the end when the clouds are not dense enough or the flavors don’t seem as potent as before.
Understanding What Goes into a Disposable Vape Pen
These devices are compact, sleek devices resembling a USB drive. Small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, the pen is discrete and is pre-charged and pre-filled with e-juice. Typically, the device does not need an activation button. You can vape simply by taking a draw. When examining it further, you’ll see:
- A mouthpiece that is slim enough to fit between the lips and take a hit
- A tank or pod that contains the e-liquid
- A battery that powers the pens for the rich clouds of vapor you get
- An atomizer that heats up the e-juice so that it transforms into vapors
- Protection circuits to ensure that the battery does not die before the e-juice runs out
You won’t need to worry about selecting the appropriate temperature and any other variables because the vape pen is pre-set to give you a smooth hit every time you take a whiff.
The Life of a Disposable Vape Depends on Your Individual Habits
The underlying factors that influence how long a disposable will last depend on the user’s vaping habits. For instance:
- If you’re taking deeper draws with each inhale lasting 3 to 5 or 6 seconds, you’ll use up more of the e-juice. But, if you prefer shorter inhales for a couple of seconds each, the vape pen will last longer. When you take smaller puffs, you’ll prevent the wick from drying out quickly. You’ll also work the battery less and get more power out of it.
- The length of your vaping sessions can also affect how quickly you burn through the juice. Shorter sessions give you more life out of a single vape pen.
- If you’re using a high-grade brand with a quality lithium battery, you can expect to get more power. That’s one way of ensuring that the device will remain functional as long as the e-liquid lasts.
- When you’re searching around for information about how long does a disposable last, you’ll learn that it depends on the exact quantity of e-juice. Even if the nicotine levels are higher, you can expect to get the same number of draws. However, since you’ll satiate your cravings with just a few draws and shorter sessions, it will last longer.
- Switching between flavors can also ensure that your favorites last longer.
You Can Make Your Gadgets Last Longer – Here’s How!
As long as we’re on the subject of how long a disposable vape lasts, let’s give you a few tips from seasoned vapers.
- Store your vape pen in a cool place away from direct sunlight and excessive heat. Warming the e-liquid makes it vaporize even if you haven’t been using it.
- Many brands include low-quality batteries since the disposables are designed to be discarded after short use. However, you might want to choose well-known brands that have more efficient batteries and high-grade e-juice. The quality of the ingredients can affect your vaping experience.
How long does a disposable last? That’s one of the first questions newbies have when trying vaping for the first time. If you have any more questions about vape pens and the best brands available, check out Blackout Vapors. We welcome queries on this page. And, if you would prefer to talk to a live agent, choose the Chat function.