If you have been thinking of switching to vaping to quit smoking, know that using Juul mods is not only a safer alternative, but it is also more economical. The Juul vaping mod available as a part of the Juul Basic Kit is compatible with a wide range of e-juices that can be added to the Juul pods. With a little practice, you can learn how to refill Juul pods with different flavors. As you go along, switch to e-juices with a lower percentage of nicotine until you kick the habit completely. Know that regular cigarettes typically contain about over 7,000 ingredients of which at least 70 are known to be carcinogenic or capable of triggering cancer. In comparison, Juul pods only have five such as glycerol, propylene glycol, nicotine, benzoic acid, and food-grade flavoring.
Juul Labs is One of the Leading Companies for Vaping Pods Today
JUUL Labs is a company founded in 2017 by Pax Labs and has now become one of the most popular e-liquids for electronic cigarettes after breaking away from the parent company. The TobaccoFreeKids website estimates that the company is now worth almost $38 billion dollars, bringing in $2 million in revenue each year. Being in production for just a little under 3 years, sales have rocketed and have gone viral. According to Truth Initiative, sales have gone up 600% from the following year. With higher rankings and more users, a mass quantity of products is being sold in the market.
Vapers Need to Understand How to Refill Juul Pods
If you’re a regular user, one of the first things you need to understand is how to refill the Juul pods so you can continue to use the empty pods. Pods will eventually run out of juice and need to be refilled depending on your dependence on nicotine and how often you vape during the day. In a situation where you’ve run out of pod nic salts (certain flavors may run out before others), you have several flavors to choose from. Many users say that refilling makes the whole Juul experience more pleasant. Refillable Juul pods have become popular for people looking to quit smoking as it is a safer alternative to tobacco and regular cigarettes.
While you can refill the same pod a few times, eventually, you will have to discard them and buy more fresh pods. Many users will find that refilling the pods is a more economical option and that learning how to refill Juul pods is actually simple to do. Depending on your vaping habits, you’ll notice that you need to top up the e-salts when you sense that taking a draw does not deliver a potent hit. You’ll find that there are about 200 hits in one Juul pod and each pod is equivalent to a single pack of cigarettes. If done correctly, you should be able to refill your Juul pod in less than 30 seconds.
Juul Pods are Available in Various Flavors
Juul pods come in 8 different flavors that you can try such as:
- Cool Cucumber Juul pods
- Fruit Medley Juul pods
- Virginia Tobacco
- Classic Tobacco
- Creme Brulee
You can also try flavors from different brands that are compatible with your Juul mod. Like, for instance, the interesting collection from Eonsmoke that has a total of 10 varieties some of which include:
- Blueberry Juul pods
- Watermelon Juul pods
- Sour Apple
- Citrus Burst
- Pineapple Crush
However, because of the refillable Juul pods for sale on the internet, you can explore just about any flavor available in the market. Here are some options:
- Strawberry Juul pods
- Cocoa Mint Juul pods
- Apple Orchard
- Strawberry Milk
Let’s answer the most commonly asked questions vapers have about Juul pods.
How to Refill Juul Pods?
- Take off the plastic cap and remove the silicone cover. You may have to use a flat tool like a screwdriver to push down the knobs on the sides of the pod and pry them out of the indentations. A new pod may have tighter knobs but as you refill a couple of times, you’ll find that it gets easier to pry out the stopper.
- Instead of a flat tool, you can use a slim metal stick with a curved end. Insert it into the gap at the top center of the pod and gently ease out the silicone cover.
- Dry the cap off with a paper towel to absorb residual e-liquid and set aside. Also, remove the silicone stopper and dry off. You can also blow on the cover to remove excess e-liquid caught in it.
- Refill the pod with only 2 to 3 drops up to the marked level. It is advisable not to fill more than around three quarters of the pod or you risk leakage.
- Replace stopper by carefully locking the knobs into the indentations. Reset the cap.
- Check the pod and sometimes, you may detect tiny air bubbles floating around the e-liquid. Tap on the sides of the pod gently to release the bubbles. Keep in mind that air tends to take away from the vaping experience and irritates your throat when you inhale.
Can You Refill Juul Pods with Water?
To begin with, there is absolutely no way you can replace e-liquid with water. In case you’re running low on e-salts, it is best to look for other options besides water. To get the satisfaction of nicotine and vapors similar to conventional cigarettes, you need to use e-liquids that contain the necessary compounds. Drawing on warm water will give no sensations at all. That’s because the electric coil inside a typical Juul is not strong enough to heat water that has a higher boiling temperature.
When learning how to refill Juul pods, keep in mind that even if you do use stronger coils to boil water in the Juul pod, the steam emerging from your vaping mod will scald your mouth, nose, throat, and lungs. In fact, using water is actually a burning hazard and it is essential that you don’t try this option. If you were considering using water to kick your nicotine addiction, go for e-liquids that have 0% nicotine and are safer to use.
How to Refill Juul Pods without Leaking?
When learning how to refill Juul pods, use a few simple moves to prevent leakage. Here are some of them:
- Clean the pods thoroughly at every step of the procedure. For instance, when you remove the silicone cover, wipe down the exterior.
- Try dabbing the interior with a Q-tip or paper towel to remove remaining e-liquids.
- Right after loading the nic salts, reinsert the silicone cover and blow on it without attaching it to the vaping mod. Next, inhale through the pod without attaching it to a battery to allow the juice to re-enter the wick.
- Having completed the refilling, make sure to reinsert the cap all the way into the pod so the blocker’s hole fits around the metal airpipe leaving no gap. You’ll need to push it down a tiny bit in order to do this. Keep in mind that you can’t leave even the smallest lip at the top of the blocker hanging over the rim of the pod.
Pods tend to not fit as tightly after just being refilled. This is mostly due to the juice causing them to slide out of place. If you are encountering this problem, be sure to use water or a wet wipe to get the juice off the outside of the pod. You can clean both the outside and inside of the pod. If you replace the pod, it will stop sliding out.
How Many Times Can You Refill the Juul Pod?
Although the manufacturer does not recommend that you refill the pods, you can reuse them many times over. You’ll know that the pods are not working like they should when you can’t seem to stop them from leaking or you start to sense a foul smell and taste. As for how long the refillable Juul pods last, that depends largely on your vaping habits.
Given that each .7 ml pod is equivalent a pack of cigarettes, light vapers can make a single refill last for 3 to 5 days or more. Though, if you keep refilling your Juul, you may come to realize that it will not be effective for more than about a week or so after refilling for the first time. The best indicators are a reduction in the flavor and the amount of vapor you get. You may also find that some flavors last longer than others like, for example, Mango Juul pods, Menthol Juul pods, and Tobacco Juul pods. Eonsmoke pods that are compatible with Juul mods are also a good option.
After you refill your Juul pods, you should get about an average of 4 refills in them if you choose to use the clear juices. If they taste burnt, then you should toss them. When exploring how to refill Juul pods, you’ll learn that although new Juul Pods are more expensive than other refillable systems, you will inevitably need fresh pods.
What Juice Do You Use to Refill Juul Pods?
Juul has eight main flavors and they are all well loved by the vape community for the most part. Ranker.com ranks the mango Juul as the highest, from the critic’s reviews as well as the highest sales. Mint and fruit come next, and menthol comes in last. Fruit medley is only available in certain cities and selected locations. Most Juul users prefer mango, tobacco, royal creme and mint. When you refill your mango Juul, you will find that it holds up pretty nicely, though it may cost a little bit of extra money if you want to keep buying Juul pods. So, if you need to know why you should refill Juul pods, that’s your answer.
The .7 ml pods are actually refillable, so you can use them more than once instead of tossing a pod out when you’re done. Properly cleaned and refilled Juul pods can last as long as 6 refills before tasting burnt, although others can last for fewer does. The average lasts about 3-4 days.
What are the Ingredients in Juul Pods?
Juuls use a vape juice called nicotine salts, which is basically a different way the nicotine is extracted. This means that the levels of nicotine are higher in the formula which is ideal for a Juul. When you set out to learn how to refill Juul pods, you’ll find out that there is a large selection of nicotine salt e juices available now. Choose from differing strengths, ranging from 25 mg, 35 mg, or even all the way up to 50 mg salt nicotine being the most common. The VG/PG ratio should be in the 50/50 to 60/40 range, and you can use this with a wide range of flavor varieties.
The strength of the nicotine salt you would choose will depend on where you are in your journey to quit smoking. The Juul is a great place to start if you’ve just committed to quitting smoking. The battery-powered device heats a liquid inside cartridges called Juul pods. In the earlier stages, you can begin with a high dose of nicotine that will satisfy your cravings for nicotine. As you go along, you can choose lower percentages until you kick the butt completely.
E-liquids are made with ingredients such as glycerol, propylene glycol, nicotine, benzoic acid, and food-grade flavoring. The nicotine is extracted using organic methods which delivers a hit and has the effects of the drug without the harmful effects of the additional ingredients of conventional cigarettes.
How to Refill Juul Pods with Vape Juice Using a Syringe
Seasoned vapers will tell you that using a syringe to refill your Juul pod is a much more effective process that minimizes wastage and the possibility of annoying leaks. The exciting thing about Juul pods is that you can order empty Juul Pods and cartridges online and fill them with any of the vaping flavors you like best. This option widens your palate range and you can experiment with a kaleidoscope of tastes as you quit smoking.
When you look closely at the new Juul pods, you’ll notice that they have an inverted T-shaped cartridge inside the clear plastic covering. The e-juice you add into the pod fills the area above the base and slowly seeps into it. When the coil heats up the e-salts, they rise into the tiny tube and vaporize when you take a hit. That’s how the e-juice mimics the sensations of regular smoking. Learning how to refill Juul pods with a syringe takes a bit of practice, but you will notice fewer air bubbles enhancing your vaping experience.
Here’s a step-by-step procedure on how to refill Juul pods using a syringe.
- Begin by removing the plastic cap and silicone cover as explained above. Using a tissue, wipe down the pod’s exterior. You could also use a Q-tip to clean the inside of the pod if you intend to use a different flavor and don’t want any mixing. Replace the silicone cap and set aside.
- You’ll need a basic syringe that has a thin needle typically used by diabetics to inject insulin. These syringes are cheap and can be reused many times over.
- Remove the piston from the syringe and gently pour about three to four drops of e-liquid into the cylinder.
- Gently tilt the cylinder until the e-juice flows horizontally and almost reaches the rim. Vapers explaining how to refill Juul pods will tell you that the e-juices have a thick, viscous texture so you can control the flow easily.
- Plug in the piston up to a couple of millimeters so the e-salts cannot pour out.
- Next, gently tilt the syringe until it is vertical with the needle pointing upward.
- You will notice the air bubble gradually rising to the top until it sits below the needle.
- Gently push the piston up so that the air escapes through the needle. Keep pressing until a tiny bead of e-juice appears on the tip of the needle. Wipe off with a tissue. Your syringe is now ready to load the Juul pod.
- Holding the syringe and Juul pod in a horizontal position, push the needle into the silicone cap carefully avoiding the tube opening in the center. Rest assured that the rubber will allow the needle to pierce it and regain its shape resealing the pod once you’re done.
- Push down on the piston to fill the Juul pod but take care not to add more than three-quarters of the capacity.
- Pull out the syringe and replace the remaining e-juice back into the bottle. When you straighten the Juul pod, the e-salts in it will level out. In the rare case that you see minute air bubbles, flick the sides a little until they escape to the top.
Your Juul pod is now ready for vaping. Insert into the mod and vape away. Using this process, you can refill any Juul pods including the prefilled ones and new Juul pods that you can order off the internet. As for the e-salts, explore the immense range of flavors available online. You can go ahead and experiment with different brands until the find the ones you like. As your body gets habituated to vaping, lower the percentage of nicotine until you reach the 0% level. Vaping is a great option to switch to recreational activity and break the habit or drug dependence like with conventional smoking.
Why Can You Only Refill Juul Pods with Certain Juice?
When exploring how to refill Juul pods, one of the first criteria to keep in mind is the nicotine strength you need. If you’ve been a heavy smoker, you’ll need e-liquids with higher nicotine content for a truly satisfying vape. For this reason, you must choose the e-salts with care. The next factor to check is the ratio of Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and Propylene Glycol (PG). Your vaping mod could be suitable for only a specific ratio such as 50:50 or 60:40. Using the wrong ratio may result in your coils going bad too quickly. If you aren’t quite sure, consult the experts on the website where you make your purchases.
How to Refill Juul Pods Using Alternatives
If you’re looking for the best alternatives to Juul flavors, your best bet would be to go for the Eonsmoke range of e-juices. The Juul mod has low-wattage atomizers and to get the best results, it is best that you use e-juices that work with them. Eonsmoke e-salts are available in 10 different flavors and are contained in pods that fit perfectly on the Juul mod. Further, if you’re wondering how to refill Juul pods using Eonsmoke, know that the process is similar. You can choose either a dropper or injection to load the pods.
Like Juul pods, Eonsmoke pods are also available in packs of 4 which can be either a single flavor or an assortment of 4 different flavors. Go ahead and choose the combination that includes the tastes you like best. The combo-pack is also great if you’d like to explore a wider palate.
Can Juul mods and the e-juices that go with them actually help you quit smoking? The fact is that they most definitely do. Check out what Gizmodo has to say and you’ll learn that the components of e-liquids are much safer than conventional cigarettes. They do include nicotine, but it is the pharmaceutical grade compound in varying percentages so vapers can make an informed choice. You may also notice that as you become used to the flavors, you start to enjoy them to a point where the nicotine content ruins the taste. And, that makes it easy for you to choose nic salts with 0% nicotine. Ready to make the switch?