Smok Vape is one of the most popular brands of e-cigarettes, box mods, and accessories that operates with special stress on developing highly innovative vaping devices. Users across the world welcomed the brand when it was first released by Shenzhen IVPS Technology CO. Limited in 2010. Since then, the company is known for the extensive research they undertake to deliver stylish and high-grade vaping gadgets that are a hit in the hot and happening e-cig and vaping circuit. Smok Vape from Blackout Vapors has something for every kind of user – whether it is the discreet vaper who loves the compact and slim designs of say, the Smok Mico Pod System. Or, the masculine Smok Mag Grip with its contoured design that fits perfectly in your hand.
Here’s some added information about Smok Vape that answers some of the questions you may have about the devices and how to use them.
How to Turn on a Smok Vape?
If you’ve only just started experimenting with vaping, you’ll need fuss-free Smok Vape pens and e-cigs that are easy to use. Choose devices like the Smok Vape Stick, SMOK Nord AIO 19 & 22, Smok SLM Pod System, SMOK Infinix Ultra Portable Kit, and Smok NOVO Pod Device. Turning on the mods is super easy thanks to a simple on-off button that you’ll find on the side of the gadget. But, if you would prefer a device that eliminates the need for turning on and off, opt for the Stick 80W that can be activated by simply taking a draw on the mouthpiece. Most Smok mods have a safety feature that shuts off if you leave the device idle for 15 seconds.
How to Use Smok Vape?
Given that more users are switching from conventional smoking to vaping as a nicotine replacement option, the company has a whole range of choices. Smok Vape starter kits are designed for all kinds of users – from novices taking up cloud chasing for the first time to experienced vaping enthusiasts who like to experiment with their coils and flavors.
Take, for example, the Smok SLM or Smok Vape Pen 22. These sleek devices are powered by a 22mm diameter eGo-style battery delivering a power of 3.7 to 4.2 Volts depending on the charge remaining in the battery. The airflow system is placed in the form of tiny vents around the base that also carries the atomizer which is fitted securely on it. Typically, the gadget has a dual power coil with sub-ohm levels of .32 pre-inserted into the e-cig. A glass tank fits over the atomizer and is held in place with the help of O-rings that ensure you have a leak-proof vaping experience. The entire system has a top cap and a drip tip attached to complete the assembly of the device.
The beauty of the Smok Pen 22 lies in its sheer simplicity. You won’t need to spend time trying to figure out a complicated display screen or lots of buttons that are used to change the settings. You’ll only need to snap on the atomizer and tank, and then fill in the e-juice you like best. Fit the drip tip and your vaping mod is ready for use. If you’re wondering how to turn on the Smok vape, know that you must switch the Power button on and off in quick succession 5 times. And then, press down on the button to vape.
Do keep in mind that the e-cig will continue to get hotter, the longer you hold the trigger. However, the regulating chip in the device includes a security system that prevents the possibility of overheating. And, shuts down after about 8 seconds even if you have your finger pressed down on the start button. If you think that you’re not getting enough power, use the USB cable to charge up the battery.
How to Make the Trinity Alpha from Smok Vape Work?
The Smok Trinity Alpha kit is yet another of the popular pod-based systems you might find interesting. As you graduate to the next level of vaping, try experimenting with this device that has three settings – Hard, Normal, and Soft. Similar to other Smok vapes, this one also can be turned on and off with five quick clicks of the fire button. Here are some of the other parts of the device and how they work.
- Cartridge – The cartridge is fitted at the top and to get it off, you’ll slide out the small button placed next to it.
- Capacity – Once you dislodge and lift off the cartridge, you’ll find that it has a capacity of 2.8ml of e-liquid.
- Refilling – To refill this pod, you’ll slip the cap sideways to expose the opening at the top. And, when you’re done with the refilling, slip the cartridge back into the mod, and you’re all set. You’ll notice that it fits perfectly and until you push the release lever, it stays in place securely.
- Replacing the coil – When you need to replace the coil, hold the cartridge on its side so that the e-juice pools at the bottom edge away from the coil. Slide out the old coil from the bottom and insert a fresh one. Expect some amount of slipping because the old coil will be coated in e-liquid.
- Charging – When charging, look out for three different lights. The red indicates that power is running low and it’s time to charge the device, while orange shows that that the battery power is weakening and will need charging soon. A green light means that the device is fully juiced up and good to go.
How do You Turn on a Smok Vape (the Advanced System of the Smok X-Priv)?
Experienced vapers may like to try different settings until they work out a specific power mode and flavor that they like best. If this is you, check out options like, for example, the Smok X-Priv KIT with Prince Tank available in a selection of 7 colors. Now here’s a Smok box mod that is simply breathtaking with its full-LED screen and sleek shape, powerful performance, double batteries for added power, and cool colors. You’ll love the fact that it weighs just 1720 grams and has a tank capacity of up to 8ml e-juice perfect for heavy-duty vaping. Play around with a range of settings such as:
- Airflow input which can be controlled by turning the coil until you get the desired flow
- Power Range: 1W to 225W
- Output Voltage: 0.5V to 9.0V
- Resistance Range: 0.1 – 2.5 Ohm (VW) to 0.05 – 2 Ohm (TC)
- Temperature Range: 200 – 600 F to100 – 315 C
- A choice of an extra glass tank in the kit
The LED screen will display all your settings including the number of puffs you’ve taken, limit on the number of puffs you want to take at a given time, and indicate the time lapse between two puffs. An exciting feature is that you can customize the color of the text to match your current favorite. This screen also has an On/Off button. Check out the bottom right-hand corner of the mod and you’ll see double buttons that you can use to raise and lower the settings. Once you’ve set the levels you like, press on the lock button. And, in case you’re wondering how to unlock the Smok vape mods, use the same button to unlock. When you’re ready to turn on the mod, press down rapidly five times in the center of these buttons. And, you can start vaping.
Now that you have a fair idea of how to turn a Smok Vape on, let’s talk about filling the vape pens with an e-liquid of your choice.
How to Refill the Smok Vape Pen
The Smok SLM Pod system is available in four attractive colors and has a refillable tank that you can load on the go. Here are detailed directions on how to proceed if you’re filling the pen. We’ll also tell you how to fit in a new coil.
- The Smok Vape box containing the e-cig has an extra coil that is available pre-fitted with a cotton wick. Check through the opening at the top and you’ll see the cotton wrapped around a band-shaped coil. Fit the atomizer over the top of the e-cig and screw into place.
- Using the nozzle of your e-liquid bottle, moisten the cotton through the air vents on the outside of the coil. Also, insert the nozzle through the top of the coil to add a few drops into the cotton.
- Place the glass Smok tank back into place.
- Next, attach the cap and drip tip.
- When you unscrew the drip tip, you’ll find that the cap has gaps that are wide enough for refilling. Add your favorite e-juice into the tank leaving enough space to accommodate the cap.
- Attach the cap back onto the tank.
- Give the device a few minutes to sit before firing it up gently. Allow some vapor to escape so the cotton has time to soak up the e-juice completely.
- Your Smok Vape Pen is now ready for use.
Why is the Smok Vape Pen Leaking?
Leaking e-cigs, box mods, and other vaping devices is a common problem. You may find that e-juice finding its way out of the tank is something that happens with all e-gadgets regardless of the brand. One of the basic reasons why that happens is storing the devices in a place where they tend to overheat. For instance, in a parked car on a hot, summer day or too close to the heating vent or stove at home. Make sure that you place the mod in a cool, dry place and you’ll have a lower possibility of reaching for the e-cig only to find that the exterior is slimy and moist from the e-liquid.
Another reason is that you may not have placed the O-rings properly. Or, they may have worn out from repeated use. A good way to get around the problem is to replace the silicone rings carefully when refilling the mod or changing the Smok coils. You may also want to store the vape pens in an upright position as far as possible. Above all, if you carry the gadgets around a lot, choose the models that have the air vents placed at the top. This design prevents gravity from making the e-juice to seep out.
Let’s Talk About How to Fill a Smok Vape Pod-Based System?
If you’ve just bought the Prime Smok Nord kit, here’s an overview on how to refill the mod with the e-juice of your choice.
- In case you’ve just opened a new kit, you’ll find that the coil is packed separately and you must insert it into the pod.
- But, before that, you’ll have to moisten the cotton in the Smok atomizer included in the kit through the opening at the top of the coil. Add a drop of the e-liquid at a time. When you see the air vents on the sides of the coil changing color, you’ll know that the cotton is saturated properly.
- Slip the Smok vape coil into the base of the pod, carefully aligning the sides to fit into the gap perfectly.
- Check the side of the pod and you’ll find a black silicone seal. Lift it up and you can fill the e-juice directly into the pod. Stop when you have about three-fourths full.
- Pop the pod back into the top of the Smok Nord.
- Turn on the device by clicking rapidly five times. You are now ready to begin vaping.
How to Prevent Leaking from the Smok Vape Mod?
When using the Smok box mods, check the manufacturer’s directions for the appropriate wattage to use for the device. If the wattage is too low, the device will not heat up the coil sufficiently enough for the e-juice to vaporize. As a result, you may notice not only leaking on the sides of the mod. But, you may also sense spitting from the drip tip. This spray can leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. If that ever happens, press down on the fire button and allow the excess e-juice to burn up. When you take a draw again, you won’t have to worry about the spray of e-liquid.
How to Change the Coil in the Smok Vape Device?
When you start to search around for Smok vape mod kits, you’ll find a whole collection of box mods and other devices. Like in the SLM vape pens and other e-cigs, changing the Smok vaporizer is extremely quick and with a little practice, you should be able to get it done within 60 to 90 seconds. Here’s a step by step procedure on how to replace the coil in a Smok MAG Grip.
- Remove the drip tip and set it aside. Next, unscrew the top of the Smok vape by holding the base.
- Separate all the sections by taking the glass tank off the base. Pull out the old coil and set it aside.
- If you’ve been wondering when and how to clean a Smok vape, this would be a good time. Have an absorbent tissue or cloth handy and wipe the old e-juice off each section as you go along. If you feel that reaching inside the tiny gaps with the cloth is a bit difficult, try using Q-tips instead. Clean out the burnt debris and other residue thoroughly.
- Also, take off the cap and set it aside.
- Wipe down the 510 connection where you attach the top to the box mod. Next, clean up the dripper.
- Like most other Smok vaping devices, you’ll find that the cotton wick is wrapped around a mesh and pre-fitted inside the coil. Before fitting the new coil, make sure to saturate the cotton with a few drops of the e-juice.
- Examine the coil from the outside and you’ll notice air vents with the cotton peeking through. Use the nozzle of your e-juice to moisten the wicks from the outside also. Most bottles have tips small enough to fit through the vents.
- Replace the cap and you’ll see that it is hinged on one side. Flip open the cap like any flip-top bottle and you’ll be able to load the tank with the e-juice. Avoid filling it to the very top and leave a small gap between the level of the e-liquid and the bottom of the cap.
- Reset the cap and reattach the drip tip. Like experienced vapers will tell you, it is advisable to begin at a lower wattage with a new coil. Work your way to higher temperatures after every few draws until you reach the desired levels.
Why Does the Smok Vape Taste Burnt?
Most e-cigs and vape mods start to taste burnt because of different reasons. Here are a few aspects to check and identify the problem.
- Do you have a build-up of old e-juice in the coils? The debris could be releasing acrid fumes.
- How long have you been using the coil? If you’re a heavy vaper, you must change the coil every two to three weeks. But, if you’re an occasional cloud chaser, a single coil could last you almost a month. With experience, you’ll be able to tell that the old coil is worn out and it’s time to replace with a fresh one.
- Do you practice chain vaping? Like experienced vapers will tell you, it is essential to take a break of 15 to 20 seconds between each draw. This break allows the cotton wick to soak up the e-juice so you don’t get that acrid sensation in your throat.
- Did you prime the new coil properly before inserting it into the atomizer? Priming the coil involves saturating the wicks thoroughly with e-liquid to prevent dry hits and the scratching sensations at the back of the throat.
- Are you vaping at high temperatures? Using high wattage results in the e-liquid burning up too quickly without releasing adequate amounts of vapors and flavors for a satisfactory session. You might also be causing the cotton wick to burn up since it does not have enough of e-juice.
- Certain e-liquids have a sugary content that tends to caramelize on the coils and wicks. And, the buildup makes it impossible for the wicks to absorb any more e-juice. As long as the gunk remains on the coils, you’ll continue to sense a burning taste. A good solution is to change the cotton wick before trying a new flavor of e-liquid.
- Do you have adequate e-liquid in the mod? Insufficient levels may result in the rasping feel in the throat when you take a draw.
For a smoother, more enjoyable vaping session, it is essential to clean your coils properly or change them into new ones. You may also want to change the wicks and get rid of all the caramelized buildup. And, wipe down the glass tank, drip tips, and all other components with a clean, absorbent cloth. These simple precautions will ensure that you never have any unpleasant draws when vaping.
How to Upgrade the Smok Vape?
Smok Vape offers firmware updates for the compatible apps in the Smok vape box mods. These upgrades are available on their website. Find the Smok upgrade tool by logging on to the www.smoktech.com website. Next, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Support” button and then, the “Upgrade” button on the next page that pops up.
- Next, you’ll come to the “Tools” and “Firmware” page.
- Select the particular device you have from the list. If you’re not quite sure about the model, switch on the mod and check the display page. You will find the name and version number.
- Click on the “Download” button and save the file into your PC or laptop. When locating the file, you’ll likely find it in the “Downloads” folder.
- The upgrade file will likely be in the form of a compressed zipped folder that you must extract.
- Once you’ve opened the file, you must run the programming tool. For easy access later, it helps to drag and drop the file onto your desktop. Open the file by hitting right click.
- Now that you have the tool open, the next step involves loading the file into the Smok vape mod. Begin by removing the Smok vape battery. Keeping the fire button pressed down, connect the USB cable.
- Next, select the “Connect” button. You’ll see the “Download” button light up in green.
- Click on “Aprom” and “Config.” A new screen will open so you can select the file you want to download.
- Find the “All Files” option from the drop-down menu. And, then, the name of the particular device for which you need the upgrade. The file for the mod is typically a “hex” or “firmware” file.
- Select the “Start” button and the files will begin loading. Wait until the download is complete and disconnect the USB cable from the device.
- Slip in the batteries and your Smok vape is ready.
In case you have a mod that runs on an internal battery, the process is just a little different. Follow the steps in the above section until Step 6. Here’s what to do next.
- Examine your mod to find the “Reset” outlet. This is in the form of a tiny opening possibly at the bottom of the device.
- Keeping the fire button pressed, connect the USB cable.
- Insert a pin into the opening and press the hidden “Reset” button.
- Now, open the downloaded file on your computer and as in Step 8 above, click on “Connect” and wait for the “Download” button to light up.
- Follow the remaining steps from 9 through 11 as above.
- Disconnect the USB cable, and your mod is ready for use.
How to Put the Batteries in a Smok Vape?
When you’re ready to add or replace Smok batteries, know that the process can vary according to the device you have. For instance, if you’ve got the Smok Vape SLM, the batteries are built into the e-cig. All you need to do is plug in the USB charger, and begin vaping when the vape pen is fully charged.
But, if you have box mods like the Smok Mag vape, you must replace both batteries in the device from time to time. On each side of the mod, you’ll see a silver circular button. This is the trigger for the release mechanism of the battery case at the bottom. Press on it and grab the old batteries when they drop out. Replace with a new set taking care to check the positive and negative nodes. Plug in and you’re ready to charge.
How to Change the Voltage on the Smok Vape?
If you like stronger and more robust clouds, you may want to change the voltage on the vaping mod. Raising the temperature is not possible in the Smok e-cigs like the SLM. That’s because all the manufacturer presets the wattage levels. Changing the voltage is possible with the more advanced devices like, for example, the Smok X-Priv KIT with Prince Tank. These devices have a range of settings that you can play around with until you reach a particular one you really like.
How to Fix a Smok Vape that Won’t Charge?
In case you think that the Smok vape box mod is not charging despite being The USB cable remaining plugged in for a good length of time, try one of these options.
- Using the directions given above, upgrade the software by downloading the tools from the Smok website. Find the Charging mode on the display screen. You will find a double icon of two batteries. Watch the percentage indicated on each icon. If it seems to go up in a short while, you’ve fixed the problem. If it doesn’t work, try uploading the app once again.
- Your next option is to use an external charger to power up the batteries.
- If both the above alternatives don’t work, you may need to replace the batteries with a fresh set. Of course, before you discard the old batteries, check them on another device to make sure that they’re actually dead.
What are the Sub Ohm Tanks that Use Smok Coils?
Now that you’re ready to go shopping, you’ll want a quick overview of the Smok vapes that include sub ohm coils. Here are some of the best ones you can buy.
- Smok Nord
- Smok Cobra Resin 810
- Smok MAG 225W TC
- Smok MAG Grip
- Smok Infinix
- Smok Nord 22
Where to Buy Smok Vape?
Having read extensively about how Smok starter kits, vape e-cigs, and box mods work, your next question likely is about ordering the devices and accessories. While you can find the products you need at specific locations like gas stations and other vendors who carry them, a better option would be to order what you need online. Stores like BlackoutVapors list all the possible options and you can check their features in detail before placing an order.
In case you’re not quite sure about what to order or how a specific device works, you can always call the consultants at this number: +1 (716) 370-6134. Also, rely on exceptional Smok customer service to resolve any issues you may have. If you would prefer an email, use this form to add your queries and contact info, and we’ll get back to you.